IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY MAY IMPACT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN US. SPECIFICALLY, PLEASE REFER TO PARAGRAPH 26 BELOW, WHICH REQUIRES THAT CERTAIN DISPUTES BE SETTLED THROUGH MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION WHICH WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM LEADING OR PARTICIPATING IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Ownership. As between you and gearheads.life, excluding your Submitted Materials (as defined below), gearheads.life or its licensors own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Websites, including without limitation all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, text, software, titles and Shockwave files), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Websites, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Websites, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Websites does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the Websites.
- Feedback. If you provide gearheads.life any feedback or suggestions regarding the Websites (“Feedback”), including without limitation ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques relating to the functionality or design of the Websites, you hereby assign to gearheads.life all rights in the Feedback and agree that gearheads.life shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. gearheads.life will treat any Feedback you provide to gearheads.life as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to gearheads.life any feedback that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- Prohibited Use. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Websites is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of gearheads.life or the otherwise applicable rights holder. Other than as expressly allowed herein, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit the Websites. You further agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose, any of the content, code, data, or other materials on or available through the Websites, including, without limitation, the alteration or removal of any trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any copyrighted material from or through the Websites. If you make other use of the Websites, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States and/or other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. For web posting, reprint, transcript or licensing requests for gearheads.life material, please send your request to the following: [email protected]
- Marks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Marks”) displayed on the Websites or on content available through the Websites, are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of gearheads.life and third parties. All Marks not owned by gearheads.life that appear on the Websites or on or through the Websites’ services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Websites should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark displayed on the Websites without the written permission of gearheads.life or the third party that may own the applicable Mark. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks. Your misuse of the Marks displayed on the Websites or on or through any of the Websites’ services is strictly prohibited.
- Eligibility. You must meet any age, geographic or other eligibility requirements specified on the Websites to subscribe to a magazine, publication or service that we offer, to order anything online, to participate in certain contests, games or sweepstakes, or to access or participate in certain services at or areas of our Websites. By registering at those Websites, or for those features or services, you represent that you comply with applicable restrictions. E-commerce areas may include additional restrictions on purchases, return policies, delivery schedules, and the like, depending on individual Website and vendor policies.
- Prohibited User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Websites you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Websites’ content, materials or services (for example, without limitation, in an RSS feed or a podcast received from gearheads.life or otherwise through the Websites), or use, redistribute, republish or exploit such content or service for any further commercial or promotional purposes; or (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Websites. You shall not: (i) engage in spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from or through the Websites or the services offered on or through the Websites, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Websites or the services offered on or through the Websites; (ii) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means; (iii) use the Websites in any manner that may interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Websites or its services, including without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests; (iv) use the Websites in violation of gearheads.life’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or (v) use the Websites in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you shall not attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Websites, or any content thereof, or make any unauthorized use thereof. You agree that you shall not use the Websites in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Websites or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Websites or any of their services. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Websites.
- Public Forums. gearheads.life may, from time to time, make messaging services, chat services, bulletin boards, message boards, comment sections, blogs, other forums and other such services available on or through the Websites. In addition to any other rules or regulations that we may post in connection with a particular service, you agree that you shall not upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through the Websites any Submitted Materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Websites, (ii) are fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component, (vi) contain embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind, or (vii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin, endorsement or statements of fact. You further agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from gearheads.life. You also may not offer to buy or sell any product or service on or through your Submitted Materials. You alone are responsible for the content and consequences of any of your activities.
- Representations, Warranties and Indemnity Advertiser and/or Agency on behalf of Advertiser represents and warrants that publication by Publisher, in any currently existing or future formats or media, of any Advertising Materials submitted by or on behalf of Advertiser (including without limitation those Advertising Materials supplied with the intention that they be included in Media Company Advertising Materials (as defined in the IAB 3.0 Terms) will not (i) violate any right of any third party, including, but not limited to, any intellectual property right or right of publicity or privacy, (ii) be false, misleading, deceptive, malicious or defamatory, (iii) violate industry codes or rules by which Advertiser may be bound and all applicable laws, rules, regulations and governmental or administrative order (including, without limitation, OBA self-regulatory principles and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in connection with any information collected by Advertiser); (iv) contain any viruses, worms, malware or other code or devices capable of disabling or interfering with any computer systems or software or any other software designed to covertly gather user information or behavior or which collects or uses data, content or information from Publisher’s systems; and/or (v) contain unauthorized embedded interactive triggers or other software that automatically diverts users from any Publisher site/syndication location or service. In addition, Advertiser and/or Agency on behalf of Advertiser represents and warrants that: (i) all Advertising Materials and Media Company Advertising Materials are accurate and that all claims contained therein have been substantiated, and that it is the sole responsibility of Advertiser and/or Agency on behalf of Advertiser to review such Advertising Materials and Media Company Advertising Materials to confirm same; (ii) the inclusion in Media Company Advertising Materials of the name, voice, likeness, signature, performance, persona or other personal attributes of any individuals secured by Advertiser or Agency on behalf of Advertiser shall not constitute a misappropriation or violate any right of publicity or privacy or the Lanham Act or similar rights of such individuals; (iii) any personally identifiable information (“PII”) that Advertiser obtains, provides, uses or otherwise comes to possess under an IO shall be collected, stored, maintained, transferred, and discarded via adequate security protections, procedures and protocols, and will not be disclosed to the public or any unauthorized third parties; (iv) Advertiser shall comply with all applicable notification laws and requirements in the event PII in its possession is improperly disclosed to the public, or is otherwise affected by a security failure; and (v) all email communications Advertiser creates or sends pursuant to or as a result of this IO shall comply with all state and federal privacy and other applicable laws and regulations. Advertiser shall indemnify, defend and hold Publisher and its officers, directors, employees, stockholders, contractors, representatives and agents (the “Publisher Indemnitees”) harmless against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) (“Costs”) incurred by the Publisher Indemnitees in connection with or arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the representations, warranties or covenants of Advertiser contained herein; (x) the copying, printing, publication, display, performance, distribution or transmission of any Advertising Materials; (y) the loss, theft, use or misuse of any credit/debit card or other payment, financial or personal information; and/or (z) the products and/or services promoted, sold, presented and/or contained in the Advertising Materials. In addition, in the event the Publisher has agreed to provide content or sweepstakes management services, email design or distribution or other promotional services in connection with an advertising commitment by Advertiser or Agency (“Value Added Services”), all such Value Added Services are performed on the condition that Advertiser shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Publisher Indemnitees from any and all Costs incurred by the Publisher Indemnitees and arising out of the publication, use or distribution by the Publisher Indemnitees of any materials, products (including without limitation prizes) or services provided by or on behalf of Advertiser or Agency in connection with such Value Added Services. Notwithstanding anything herein or in the IAB 3.0 Terms to the contrary, (i) in the event that Publisher participates in the creation of Advertising Materials, including without limitation any Media Company Advertising Materials, Publisher will indemnity Advertiser in connection with potential claims relating thereto only to the extent it has agreed to do so in writing; and (ii) contribution to, creation or approval of the Advertising Materials by Publisher shall not limit Advertiser’s indemnification obligations herein.
- Private or Sensitive Information on Public Forums. It is important to remember that comments submitted to a forum may be recorded and stored in multiple places, both on our Websites and elsewhere on the Internet, which are likely to be accessible for a long time and you have no control over who will read them now or in the future. It is therefore important that you are careful and selective about the personal information that you disclose about yourself and others, and in particular, you should not disclose sensitive, embarrassing, proprietary or confidential information in your comments to our public forums.
- Other Users. Each Website user is solely responsible for any and all of its Submitted Materials. Because we do not control Submitted Materials, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any Submitted Materials and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any Submitted Materials, and we assume no responsibility for any Submitted Materials. Your interactions with other Website users are solely between you and such user. You agree that gearheads.life will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as a result of such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Website user, we are under no obligation to become involved. You acknowledge that other users may post comments about your Submitted Materials which may be derogatory, and gearheads.life has no obligation to monitor or delete any such Submitted Materials. You hereby release and forever discharge gearheads.life (and our directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns) from, and herby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Website users. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Linking to the Websites. You agree that if you include a link from any other websites to the Websites, such link shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of the Websites. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Websites or our services, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another website. You agree not to download or use images hosted on the Websites on another website, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another site. You agree not to link from any other website to the Websites in any manner such that the Websites, or any page of the Websites, are “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Websites be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Websites from any other websites at any time upon written notice to you.
- Orders for Products and Services. We may, directly or through our third-party vendors (“Vendors’), make certain products available to visitors and registrants of the Websites. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to gearheads.life or its Vendors. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us or such Vendors from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us or the Vendors. Certain products that you purchase and/or download on or through the Websites may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download.
- Third Party Websites. You may be able to link from the Websites to third party websites and third party websites may link to the Websites (“Linked Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites, even if they are owned or run by affiliates of ours. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such Linked Sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such Linked Sites. The inclusion of any link to such Linked Sites on our Websites does not imply gearheads.life’s endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of that site. gearheads.life disclaims any liability for links (1) from another website to the Websites and (2) to another website from the Websites. gearheads.life cannot guarantee the standards of any websites to which links are provided on the Websites nor shall gearheads.life be held responsible for the contents of such sites, or any subsequent links. gearheads.life does not represent or warrant that the contents of any third party websites are accurate, compliant with state or federal law, or compliant with copyright or other intellectual property laws. Also, gearheads.life is not responsible for any form of transmission received from any Linked Sites. Any reliance on the contents of a third party website is done at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
- Advertisements and Promotions gearheads.life may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Websites. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than gearheads.life, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. gearheads.life is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Websites.
- Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Websites, or the services or features made available on or through the Websites, do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to gearheads.life’s Copyright Agent, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2), named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Agent: [email protected]
Note that the above-referenced contact information is for copyright notices only. No other inquiries will receive a response from the gearheads.life Copyright Agent.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, PLAYABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF CONTENT OR INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITES OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITES OR THE PROVIDED SERVICES WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. gearheads.life ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR EQUIPMENT ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEBSITES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO CONTENT, OR AUDIO CONTENT FROM THE WEBSITES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL gearheads.life BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE WEBSITES, ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES, OR CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE WEBSITES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFF. YOU USE THE WEBSITES AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITES, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITES. WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITES IS CORRECT AND UP-TO-DATE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITES AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR WARNING. gearheads.life NEITHER ENDORSES NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE WEBSITES, NOR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, INDECENT, UNLAWFUL OR INFRINGING POSTING MADE THEREON BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED gearheads.life EMPLOYEE SPOKESPERSONS WHILE ACTING IN THEIR OFFICIAL CAPACITIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITES). IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITES. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FINANCIAL, HEALTH, OR LIFESTYLE INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, gearheads.life AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEBSITES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE WEBSITES OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH gearheads.life OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED BY gearheads.life “AS IS,” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND gearheads.life OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
1. Use of Content
gearheads.life is pleased to make its original content available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site. This license permits anyone to reproduce the original gearheads.life content, in any medium as long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. However, gearheads.life don’t allow us to reproduce its content without any explicit permission.
2. RSS Feeds
gearheads.life provides an excerpt RSS feed at gearheads.life/feed. If you are using the feed, we ask that you do not modify it in any way, including the stripping out of advertisements and abide by the following guidelines:
- Full ad-supported feeds are intended only for personal use in RSS readers.
- For all other feed uses, including reproduction on websites, you should only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed with the company.
- Please do not splice the RSS feeds into or otherwise redistribute them via third-party RSS providers.
- Please do not add content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, to the RSS feeds.
- gearheads.life reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- gearheads.life further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
3. Web Syndication of gearheads.life Content
- Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- The Site logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
- The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- “More From…” links back to the original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
- Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, as long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
- The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- Content must be unedited, except for the replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and the use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
- Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
gearheads.life provides content “as is” and gearheads.life shall not be held liable for your use of the information, the feeds, or your use of gearheads.life. Use of a Site’s content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. gearheads.life are not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
6. Corresponding with gearheads.life
Any correspondence with gearheads.life, or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images, is considered the property of gearheads.life. gearheads.lifereserves the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on any of gearheads.life or its affiliates, and to use it in any way we choose, including sublicensing the content and allowing third parties to republish the material. In submitting something to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us, does not infringe on any third party’s rights – copyright, trademark, privacy rights and the like – and is not libelous or unlawful in any other way.
The comments sections on the site are accessible to users after successful approval. gearheads.life will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes the copyright or any other intellectual property interest.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular content where the comment is being posted.
gearheads.life typically display images, audio, and video (the “Material”) as part of blog posts written by our editors. The types of Material editors are authorized to use on gearheads.life sites include:
- Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors;
- Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
- Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on gearheads.life;
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion. Spam blockers sometimes devour important emails from strangers!
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image, video or piece of text that you wish to have removed from one of our sites, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- For images, provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA; OR, absent such registration, a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image. We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the document and email it to admin[at][dot]com
10. External Links Disclaimer
gearheads.life routinely contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, gearheads.life does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the gearheads.life in question.
gearheads.life does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to gearheads.life assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
11. General Disclaimer
All of gearheads.life’ titles are gossip sites. The sites publish both rumours and conjecture in addition to accurately reported information. Information on the sites may contain errors or inaccuracies; the sites’ proprietors do not make any warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the sites’ content. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of gearheads.life.
12. Information Security
gearheads.life has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal.
Although we work hard to protect the personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at [email protected]. We will work with you to address any problems.
13. Notification of Changes
14. Effective Date